Home of the Timberwolves
Before and after school programs are available. Please contact the school for more details.
Markstay Public School is a Kindergarten to Grade 8 school with boundaries from Old Wahnapitae to Warren and from Markstay to the West Arm.
We provide a nurturing environment which promotes learning as a lifelong process and enables each child to be an educated, confident, self-directed, positive member of an ever-changing global society.
Markstay offers instruction in English but also provides a Grade 4 to 8 Core French Program to students.
In our efforts to create a strong school community, we have developed many community partnerships. These partnerships provide resources for our students as well as assist in ensuring that we are able to offer meaningful learning opportunities for our students both inside and outside of the school. Many of these partnerships also support our school’s nutrition program that is offered daily. Our community partners include:
- Better Beginnings, Better Futures
- Caisse Populaire
- Child and Family Center
- Child Care Resources
- Children’s Treatment Centre
- Community Care Access Centre
- Markstay/Warren Fire Department
- Markstay/Warren Lion’s Club
- Municipality of Markstay/Warren
- Northern Credit Union
- OPP Warren Satellite Office
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts
- Sudbury YMCA
There are also many extra-curricular events offered at Markstay Public School. Staff members volunteer their time and lead our students in a variety of clubs and sports.
Throughout the year, there is always something happening that the students can become involved in when the school day is done. Some of the opportunities available are:
- Cross-Country Running Club
- Junior and Intermediate Track and Field
- Boys’ and Girls’ Volleyball Teams
- Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball Teams
Throughout the year, students engage in a variety of special events, from those that support charitable causes to rich learning experiences and events that continue to build upon our strong school culture. Some of the celebrated special events include:
- Earth Day Challenges
- School Council Fun Fair
- Fall Harvest Feast
- Jump Rope for Heart
- Music Monday
- Winter Concert
- Special Olympic Torch Run
- Grade 7/8 Year End Trip
- Terry Fox Run
- Talent Shows
- Stand Up Against Bullying Day
- Heritage Fair
- Science Fair
- Entrepreneurship Fair
- Autism Awareness/Light It Up Blue